Brake the Barriers
‘Break the Barriers ‘ project aims to inspire and support unemployed or economically inactive people majority from disadvantaged groups such as immigrants, lone parents, young adults without GCSE qualifications, BAME, women and senior citizens get into employment or training to work or increase their chances to start, grow and sustain their own businesses. We will analyse the barriers of individuals for employment and offer practical and sustainable solutions to break their barriers through the following activities tailored to Participants’ needs:
1) Outreach and engagement activities
2) Motivational activities
3) Skills and training support ( ESOL, functional skills, Digital skills, GCSEs and employability skills)
4) Information, Advice and Guidance
5) Support to remove barriers to labour market participation or engagement in learning e.g. provision of childcare or travel costs
2) Employability Skills: Every employer seeks these Interpersonal skills including communication skills, presentation, negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills as well as writing a cover letter and CV, applying for a job, using LinkedIn effectively and interview skills. This section will be delivered by guest instructors who are either tutors, employers or employees who have gone through the same steps and achieved well at work. Theory and practice will be balanced. This part of the course will take 5 weeks and 4 hours a week.
3) Specific Skills: The participant may wish to benefit from training for specific skills such as IT skills, numeracy skills, preparation for GCSE English and Maths (or equivalency test) or entrepreneurial skills such as raising and managing money, managing people, networking, marketing, productivity, SWOT analysis and understanding change for those who wish to start up their own business. This course is an alternative to the ESOL programme and designed for the participants who have already reached a good level of confidence in using the Language.
4) One to one counselling: It will focus on personal development, emotional intelligence, time management, creative thinking, resilience, self-motivation and preparation for the job trial or paid job. During the forth-nightly sessions, we will be able to assess their progress in job search and work experience as well.