Fundraiser Apprenticeship Programme
Axis Educational Trust has teamed up with the UK College of Business to offer Fundraiser Apprenticeships to either skill up the current staff or recruit new apprentices to build capacity for increased fundraising needs of your organisation.
Each organisation has experienced a unique set of challenges in 2020, and there is no ‘one-size fits all’ solution. 42% of non-profit organisations have experienced a decline in fundraising income during COVID-19 and what was perceived as “normal” is no longer the same. Our habits, our needs, and our expectations have changed.
The Fundraiser Level 3 Apprenticeship was introduced in July 2020 as a result of increasing demand in the job market and the importance of fundraising income for the sustainability of non-profit-organisations. Our research shows that creating a dedicated team for planning, application, implementation, monitoring and reporting stages of fundraising activities such as grant applications or digital fundraising, results in a good return on investment. If you cannot afford to recruit someone with experience, the best alternative is to create an apprenticeship position to offer a volunteer, employee or young person who can learn the necessary knowledge and skills whilst producing valuable work for your organisation. For Axis Educational Trust, this method has proven successful and many of our employees have come from a similar background. To guarantee a sustainable income for your organisation in next 10 years, we recommend you to do the same.
A fundraiser apprentice will contribute to the implementation and execution of the fundraising strategy, projects and plans. They will be responsible for delivering day-to-day fundraising activities that provide the essential income and engagement with supporters for the delivery of the charitable purpose of the organisation. They will also carry out research for opportunities and analyse/ provide data to support any proposals for developing fundraising activities.
How we’re working
Following course completion, apprentices will possess the following knowledge:
- Identify, build and maintain relationships to raise financial and non-financial support for the charitable cause
- Develop proposals and execute fundraising plans
- Recommend and autonomously carry out fundraising activities to achieve targets
- Undertake market research and analysis of fundraising activity to improve performance and support innovation
- Use a variety of different mediums to acquire new supporters and/or retain existing ones
- Produce high quality written and verbal communication material to engage internal and external stakeholders to maximise any opportunities, situations and issues that will impact on the charitable work
- Undertake, data analysis and research of existing and prospective supporters in order to understand behaviour and motivation
- Carry out accurate updates and maintenance of IT and records systems to ensure data is compliant and appropriately used to inform fundraising activities
- Provide a high quality first point of contact with donors to identify and address complaints or problems
- Low cost of recruitment with min £4.50 per hour pay
- Get paid £1.5-3K incentive for creating an apprenticeship position for new employees
- Flexibility of online delivery of the course
- Course Structure will include one 2-hour lesson per week, 3 hours’ self-study and project per week to maximise practical impact on your organisation
- Experienced teachers from third sector background
- End point assessment fees will be waived. Optional support with grant applications