Balance The Books
The cost-of-living crisis is hitting many people hard, but there are some people in our society who are feeling the effects worse than others. We have seen these effects first-hand as people in our community experience rising anxiety about the future and worry about bills. We want to bridge the gap for immigrants and other disadvantaged people who might not know how to access available services to help them find new jobs and start micro-businesses to generate extra funds during the cost-of-living crisis.
Balance the Books will address these issues and support disadvantaged black, Asian, minority ethnic and refugees in Barnet and North London to increase financial well-being and resilience.
We will host events to connect our clients with professionals and community services and we will deliver workshops on topics such as:
- Financial services
- CVs and interview skills
- digital entrepreneurship
The crucial funding you provide will contribute towards:
– hiring and paying the best teachers and administrators to deliver the workshops
– food and travel expenses for our hardworking volunteers
– photocopying and materials to distribute to the students
– meals for the participants who need them
– marketing to let people know about our courses
– heating and internet costs to create a welcoming, warm environment at our building
Our team at Axis Educational Trust has 25+ years of experience delivering supplementary education for disadvantaged communities, and we have had a significant personal, social, and economic impact on young people and their families. Our participants have built resilience and self-confidence, recognised their strengths and built attainable lifestyles for themselves.