Fundraising Assistant – Volunteer vacancy
Job Purpose: To provide support and assistance to the Fundraising Manager in all fundraising activities
Fundraising Assistant – Volunteer Key Responsibilities:
- To work with and assist the Fundraising Manager with the planning, implementing, and marketing of fundraising activities and events.
- To build and maintain positive networks with fundraisers, volunteers and supporters, promoting the work of the organisation
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the work of the organisation, fostering positive relationships with other departments
The postholder will be responsible for the following activities:
- Contribute to the planning, development, and marketing of fundraising activities and participate in specific events and functions as directed
- Assist with the research of potential fundraising opportunities, including new funders, sponsors and donors, using a range of resources
- To ensure all relevant information about supporters and potential supporters is promptly and accurately recorded
- Assist with the creation, production, and distribution of mailings to supporters and potential supporters
- Ensure the database is kept accurate and up-to-date by recording changes, including mailing preferences, address details and financial information
- Support the Trusts & Grants team to record grants application information
- Support Social Media team supplying them with the necessary content
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the role
- Demonstrable IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel.
- Strong written, verbal, and oral communication skill
- Clearly evidenced organisational skills, with good attention to detail
- Team player
- A proactive approach, managing own workload and working to deadlines
- Good research and information management skills
- An understanding of the charity sector and/or fundraising
- Flexibility in working practices and working hours
Ongoing Fundraising training will be provided.
Employer: Axis Educational Trust
Employment type: Volunteer
Work hours: 4-8 hours weekly. Flexible
Job location: Axis branches. Head office located at: 16-17 Grand Arcade, London, N12 0EH
Date posted: 2022-04-19
Valid through: Multiple candidates are required, hence, position is open until 2023-04-20.